Here’s some discussion ideas… but don’t limit yourself to these – talk about ANYTHING in Chapter 7…
- Was Fitzgerald being lazy basically re-writing the same opening scene at the Buchanan’s home that he used Chapter 1?
- What do you think about Gatsby’s reaction to Daisy and Tom’s daughter?
- What do you think about Daisy’s mothering skills?
- Was Daisy’s comparison of Gatsby to an ‘advertisement of a man’ accurate? Was she wrong?
- Do you like that Gatsby is being more critical of Daisy?
- Does Daisy really understand love?
- What’s the significance of Nick turning 30?